1. i learned. the hard way. that velvet has a nap. dang it. if anybody is interested in a buying a nicely lined skirt that looks a bit odd. just let me know.
2. last night. we had dinner with friends at a private french restaurant. that seats only six. where our new friend. maki-chan. who trained in paris. cooked for four hours straight. needless to say we were full. of amazing french food. wow. i'd like to be that good. at something.
3. buri-chan. that is what they call britney spears over here. buri. the way they pronounce britney over here is buritoni. and chan is added to the end of girls' names. to make it an affectionate nickname of sorts. buri-chan just sounds so cute. like for a little girl. it cracks me up. in a good way.
4. my h-kun. is observant. and not lazy. if he sees something that needs getting done. he does it. right when he sees it. for example. i caught him washing out the cutlery tray the other night. seriously. another reason why i love this guy.
5. oh, klean kanteen. i have been wanting these stainless steel drink bottles. forever. but they don't ship internationally. or their rates are too expensive. i can't remember which one. well. a blog friend hooked me up. along with some other goodness. thanks, ursa. i have about four gals over in america that do swaps with me. american goodness for japanese goodness. all these gals i met through my little shop. or through my blog. and i have become friends with each of them. and i love that they are willing to help me out. when i am in need of american stuff. like martha stewart's everyday food magazines. other magazines. books. kids' games. some clothes. and even a christmas gift for my sister who lives in canada. crazy. i am blessed. by their friendships. and their kindness. thank you, gals. (and thanks to my mom. who sends boxes of stuff from canada. from home. when i am in need.)
6. thanks for sharing your traditions with me. they were all so lovely to read. and i think i might just have to try some of them. my favorite idea was reflecting on the christmas season. and documenting memories. so you can reminisce for years to come. i will definitely share with you any traditions we add to our list. and h-kun chose three random numbers. so the winners of the christmas cheer are tracy, mariana and erin from canada. i will be in touch with all of you.
TrackBack URL for this entry: http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d8341e900553ef0105362fb59c970b
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference random 09. :
The comments to this entry are closed.
i'm leslie. and i lived in japan. with my japanese fella. and i was so happy about that. i am now back in canada. after four and a half years away. i am learning to love this place all over again. h-kun will join me in the fall. which i am very excited about.
thanks for stopping by. and taking time to look around. and interact with me. please do not copy anything from this blog without emailing me first. thanks.